What it is:
Pravana Keratin Fusion is the next generation in straightening and texture control.
What it does:
It leaves the hair smoother and more manageable and this is the ideal service for someone who would like to reduce curl and frizz but would like to retain some wave and movement.
What else you need to know:
This service is for someone who, along with reducing the curl and frizz, would like to wear their hair straight all the time.
Product Options Available are as follows:
- Shampoo hair with Pravana Sulfate-Free Clarifying Shampoo and rinse and thoroughly towel dry.
- Comb the hair straight and remove all tangles and part into (4) sections.
Apply Reforming Lotion:
- Mix Keratin Fusion Reforming Lotion with 1/2 of the contents (5 ml) of the Keratin Fusion Restructurizing Serum.
- Apply mixture to the hair using a tint brush, applying 1/4 inch from scalp to ends. Follow by combing the mixture through the hair using a wide-toothed tint comb. Move the hair in several different sweeping motions, periodically lifting the hair away from the scalp and constantly changing direction. Maintain a gentle but firm tension as you comb. Be careful not to pack the hair down onto the head. To do so may lead to breakage. Apply to hairline hair last.
- Begin processing time once the Reforming lotion is completely applied throughout the hair. Refer to carton insert directions for specific processing times. Note - It is important to process in a warm room with a temperature of at least 70° F.
Determine if Processing is Complete:
- Choose a strand of hair from a resistant area (nape or other resistant area). Tie a simple knot in strand and pull tight. Hold knotted strand between thumb and forefinger of each hand, 1-2 inches away from each side of knot and push strand towards knot. If knot loosens continue processing. Check every 5 minutes on different resistant areas until knot remains tight. When processing is complete, rinse the hair for at least 3 minutes.
- Spray Keratin Fusion Thermal Insulator onto the hair. Pre-heat ceramic flat iron.
- Place client under a warm hooded dryer to remove at least 90% of the moisture. If a hooded dryer is not available, blow dry using fingers to lift and separate as you dry the hair, making sure the hair is smooth.
- Taking 1/4″ partings hold the hair directly out form the scalp. Place the flat iron approximately 1/8″ from the scalp.
- Straighten the hair nearest the scalp using quick short strokes to minimize the steam created. Continue to iron the hair with smooth long strokes for the mid shaft and ends of the hair. Hair is sufficiently ironed when it is smooth and shiny.
Re-bonding and Finishing the Hair:
- Apply the Keratin Fusion Bonding Lotion using a tint brush and continually comb the hair smooth and flat for the entire (5 minute) processing time. When processing is complete, thoroughly Rinse with warm water for at least 3 minutes.
- Lightly mist the hair with Keratin Fusion Thermal Insulator and style as desired.
- Client should not shampoo their hair for 48 hours.